Thanks for all your submission.
The idea submission is now Closed!
Innovate for Future (IFF) is an open competition of innovation & technology to inspire our young secondary schools and higher educational institutes/universities students in Hong Kong to build products to solve real life problems through ideas to prototype development. In this competition, students will demonstrate an innovative idea and build a product prototype to solve problems in the society. Competition will provide mentorship coaching and support during hardware and software prototype development before final pitch.
This competition is supported by our international partner, San Jose State University (SJSU) Silicon Valley Center for Global Studies (SVCGS). The final champion will have the opportunity to submit the project for a SJSU global program, such as Summer in Silicon Valley.
Technology Shaping a Better Life: Health, Intelligence, Communication
Everyone would like to have better health. From acute disease to chronic illness, the existence of sickness and ageing process always frighten the existence of humanity and limit the experience accumulate for an individual to be a better person.
Intelligence is a mechanism to solve problems. It includes the ability to gather knowledge, to learn, be creative, form strategies or engage in critical thinking. By taking advantage of different tools and technologies, humans could improve more than our own imagination.
By communicating with language, human form complex social structure and culture. With our ability to work together and to share knowledge across generation. We can overcome challenges beyond any single individual ability.
- Tertiary Stream (Undergoing Full time Qualification Framework level 4 or above (University / Higher diploma / Higher Certificate) in Hong Kong)
- Teams in Tertiary School Education Stream should assign a team leader as contact person , and there is no restriction on the number of teams for colleges and universities nor discipline.
- Secondary School Stream (secondary students aged between 11-17 years old (before 1st September 2020) in Hong Kong), and
- Teams in the Secondary School Stream must consist of 1 coaching teacher within the same school and he/she will guide the students to design or produce and review the results.
- Members of the same team must be from the same school. Each member can only participate in one team.
- Each school can send at most 3 teams. One specific project per team.
Idea Submission Stage:
Feb 18, 2021 noon (CLOSED)
- All proposal information must be in English. Marks will be deducted if the information is not in English.
- The participating team will identify a problem under the competition theme and produce a 3-min video (uploaded to YouTube) to describe the problem and the solution before the deadline.
- All entries received will be assessed by Mentoring Team.
- 5 entries from each stream (10 in total from 2 streams) will enter Mentorship and the Final Stage.
Apr 17, 2021
- The team entering the finals must introduce the design concept, practical profile and other relevant details of the solution on the Pitch & Demonstration Day.
- The pitching time limit is 10 minutes, with another 5 minutes for question and answer sections
- The score will be given by the judging panels.
10AM - 1PM, Online via Zoom
- Prepare a YouTube video (3 minutes) and submit all the information in the form.
- All proposal information (including youtube video) must be in English.
- 5 teams from secondary school stream and 5 teams from tertiary stream will be selected, and they will go through the mentorship period.
Award & Prizes
Total Cash Awards : HK$40,000
Award & Prizes for each stream
- Champion – Cash HK$10,000
- 1st runner up – Cash HK$5,000
- 2nd runner up – Cash HK$3,000
- Certificate Of Excellence (2 teams) – Cash HK$1,000 for each team
- Certificate Of Merit (5 teams)
- Certification Of Participation (All Participants)
- Champion will showcase their projects at Tech Showcase at IndustryConnect of HKSTP and at HKETA Annual Dinner.
- Global STEM submission: Winners and final champion (if selected) will showcase their projects through SJSU Global program.
- Opportunities to be nominated for Cyberport CCMF Fast Track*.
- Connect to internship program and training through our Industry Support Sponsors.