Innovate For Future 2019
Date : 17 Jan 2020 (Friday)
Time : 17:30 – 19:20 (Industry Connect)
19:30 (HKETA Annual Dinner Start)
Venue : Hong Kong Science Park
Over 400+ VIPs, guests and industry professionals join from technology enterprises, business & technology associations, local universities & academic institutes and government sectors will be join our annual event at HKSTP.
Champion and Award teams will be presented by our distinguished guests from government/and industry professional.
Champions and Award teams will be invited to demonstrate in our HKETA Tech Showcase with HKSTP IndustryConnect during annual dinner’s cocktail session (17:30 – 19:20), Tech Showcase will be at Exhibition Hall (Core Building G/F Foyer).
Pitch & Demonstration Day
Date : 4 Jan 2020 (Saturday) (Rescheduled)
Time : 9:15 am to 12:15 pm
Venue : Conference Hall 01-02, Convention Centre 1, G/F, Core Building 1 (1E), Phase 1, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin
HKETA Youth’s STEM Club is organizing an annual STEM competition: “Innovate for Future” on 16th Nov, 2019.
Innovate for Future is an open competition to inspire young secondary school students in Hong Kong to build products to solve real life problems through idea to prototype development. Our theme of this competition is “Society” – Smarter Living, Smarter Schools, and Smarter City. In this competition, students will demonstrate an innovative idea and build a product prototype to solve problems in the society. Competition will provide mentorship coaching and support during hardware and software prototype development before final pitch.
This competition is supported by our international partner, San Jose State University (SJSU) Silicon Valley Center for Global Studies (SVCGS). The final champion will have the opportunity to submit the project for a SJSU global program, such as Summer in Silicon Valley.
Competition Theme 2019
Society - Smarter Living, Smarter Schools, Smarter City
The evolution of technology has dramatically changed society. Technology and human life cannot be separated. Technology is helping to build a better city, while people are enjoying a smarter living and students are having smarter schools. In this competition, participants are going to demonstrate an innovative idea, and build a prototype that can solve problems in the society.
First / Registration Stage:
- Secondary School Students Age 11-17 (Secondary 1-5, Grade 7-11 in school year 2019/20) with 1 school teacher are welcome to join
- 1-4 team members per team with 1 school teacher
- Maximum 3 teams per school
Training & Idea Submission Stage:
- Training Workshops will be provided, including idea formation, technical training workshops.
- Teams need to submit their applications, and top finalists will be selected
- Mentorship Service will be provided for the 5 selected teams
- Selected Teams must join the “Pitch & Demonstration Day” on Nov 16, 2019. [rescheduled to 04 Jan, 2020]
Important Dates (2019/2020)
MAY 31, 2019 - Registration Start (Team Formation)
JULY 13, 2019 10:30 - 12:00 - Idea Generation Workshop | LT15, City University Of Hong Kong
AUG 2, 2019 - Deadline of Team Formation registration
AUG 3, 2019 10:30 - 13:00 - Training Workshop-1 (Micro:bit, Sphero, cybersecurity) | LT16, City University Of Hong Kong
SEPT 21, 2019 09:00 - 10:30 - Training Workshop-2 (Arduino) | VTC STEM Centre Kowloon Bay
SEPT 28, 2019 - Submission deadline (for idea video)
SEPT to NOV - Mentorship service for the pitch teams
(12 OCT 2019 Site Visit to Arrow Lab at Hong Kong Science & Technology Park)
NOV 16, 2019 - Final Pitch & Demonstration Day [rescheduled to 04 Jan, 2020]
- At Convention Hall 1&2 at Hong Kong Science Park
- Rundown can be downloaded here.
JAN 17, 2020 - Award Ceremony & Showcase
- At HKETA Annual Dinner at Hong Kong Science Park
- Tech Showcase at HKETA with IndustryConnect HKSTP
Summer 2020 - Final champion to participate at a Silicon Valley innovation showcase through SJSU global program
Awards & Prizes
- Total Cash Awards : HK$30,000
- Champion - Cash HK$10,000
- Most Innovative Idea Award - Cash HK$8,000
- Best Presentation Award - Cash HK$6,000
- Certificate Of Excellence (2 teams) – Cash HK$3,000 for each team
- Certificate Of Merit (5 teams) - education toys, each team will receive a Sphero BOLT worth $1298
- Certification Of Participation (All Participants)
- Top 3 Winners will showcase their projects during HKETA Annual Dinner in Jan 2020 at Hong Kong Science Park