Innovate For Future 2019
Society - Smarter Living, Smarter Schools, Smarter City
The evolution of technology has dramatically changed society. Technology and human life cannot be separated. Technology is helping to build a better city, while people are enjoying a smarter living and students are having smarter schools. In this competition, participants are going to demonstrate an innovative idea, and build a prototype that can solve problems in the society.
Competition Schedule for IFF2019
Coding with BOLT
Coding with Micro:bit
Coding with Arduino
Final Pitch cum Demonstration Day
Date : 4 Jan 2020 (Saturday)
Time : 9:15 am to 12:15 pm
Venue: Conference Hall 01-02, Convention Centre 1, G/F, Core Building 1 (1E), Phase 1, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin
Language : in English
Award Ceremony for IFF2019
HKETA Annual Dinner on 17 JAN 2020 at HKSTP
– Over 400+ VIP, guests and industry professionals join from technology enterprises, business & technology associations, local universities & academic institutes and government sectors.
– Champion and Awards will be presented.
HKETA Tech Showcase with HKSTP IndustryConnect
– With joint HKSTP IndustryConnect showcases for innovative products by HKETA corporate members and technology startups from HKSTP.
– Tech Showcase will be held at Exhibition Hall (Core Building G/F Foyer) during dinner’s cocktail session (17:30 – 19:15). Winners will be demonstrated.
Announcement for IFF2019
Total Cash Awards : HK$30,000
Award & Prizes for each stream
- Champion – Cash HK$10,000
- Most Innovative Idea Award – Cash HK$8,000
- Best Presentation Award – Cash HK$6,000
- Certificate Of Excellence (2 teams) – Cash HK$3,000 for each team
- Certificate Of Merit (5 teams) – Education Toys Worth HK$5,000 for all
- Certification Of Participation (All Participants)
– Summer 2020 : Final champion to participate at a Silicon Valley innovation showcase through SJSU global program
– Global STEM submission: Winners and final champion (if selected) will showcase their projects through SJSU global program.
– SJSU is also the home of Silicon Valley Innovation Challenge and Paseo Public Prototyping Challenge.
- Dr Roy LAW, Associate Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Dr Martin CHOY, Lecturer, Dept of Computer Science, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Mr Theodoric CHAN, Chief Commercial Officer, NTT Communications Asia
- Mr Nelson WOO, Regional Sales Engineer Manager, North Asia of AXIS Communications
- Mr Wiko Leung, Senior Application Engineer, Arrow Electronics
- Ms Maria Li, Program Manager, Educator & Biologist, Makerbay
- Dr Charles Cheung, PhD, Deep Learning Solution Architect/Data Scientist, Nvidia AI Technology Centre, Nvidia
- Mr Mike Li, Co- Founder, Hong Kong Maker Club
- Dr Johnny Kwong, Senior Project Officer, Vocational Training Council (VTC) STEM Education Centre
Champion: Team 23 – SusTRAINability – Smart Hong Kong for Tomorrow by St. Paul’s Convent School
Most Innovative Idea Award: Team 22 – ADHDreamer by St. Paul’s Convent School
Best Presentation Award: Team 18 – Smart Toilet by Lai King Catholic Secondary School
Certificate of Excellence:
Team 13 – Intelligent Minibus and Minibus Station 2.0, Heung To Secondary School (Tseung Kwan O)
Team 8 – Elesafer, Diocesan Girls’ School
Certificate of Merit: (Team order is arranged in ascending order according to the team number.)
Team 3 – VOSL (Vonoix-Overview-Smart-Living) System — VonoKit, Cheung Sha Wan Catholic Secondary School
Team 9 – HOF Snap API, Diocesan Girls’ School
Team 11 – Gas Stove Reminder 2.0, Heung To Secondary School (Tseung Kwan O)
Team 16 – The Brain Booster, La Salle College
Team 20 – Smart School-Intelligent Classroom, Queen Elizabeth School